December 14, 2022 18 Comments
Get ready to make the season even brighter! Shake up your holiday crafting with these delicious peppermint candy ornaments. Taking just a few simple ingredients, some patience and creativity you can create an ornamental masterpiece that looks like it was crafted by a professional pastry chef – guaranteed to bring sparkle and joy this festive period! Impress family and friends alike with your unique creations for tree decorations or special gifts – perfect for those who love getting crafty during the holidays.
What you’ll need to make peppermint candy ornaments
Candy Ornaments – The first ingredient you’ll need is the candy itself. You can use any type of candy you like, but keep in mind that the softer the candy, the easier it will be to work with. A good general rule is to use something that is easier to bite into, like a hard candy.
Cookie Cutters – Cookie cutters can be used to create fun shapes and designs for your peppermint candy ornaments. For example, you can use a Christmas tree cookie cutter to create a festive peppermint candy ornament. Cookie cutters can also be used to create interesting shapes that would not be possible if you were to use a knife or other cutting tool.
Spray Paint – If you want to add a design to your peppermint candy ornaments, spray paint can be very useful. Usually, the best results come from using paint designed specifically for crafting projects.
Baking Sheet – Before you begin making your peppermint candy ornaments, it’s a good idea to line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will make it much easier to transfer the candies to the tree or storage once they’re decorated.
How to make the peppermint candy ornaments
- Melt the Candy – The first step to making peppermint candy ornaments is to melt your candy. You can do this in the microwave or on the stovetop. While melting the candy, make sure to stir it frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Pour the Candy – Once the candy is fully melted, pour it into your mold or cookie cutter. Depending on how much candy you use, you may need to use a spoon, ladle, or other tool to get the candy into the mold. Make sure the candy fills the mold all the way to the top so it doesn’t spill out when you go to remove it.
- Allow the Candy to Cool – Once you’ve poured the candy into your mold, you’ll need to wait for it to cool before you remove it. The cooling time will vary depending on the type of candy you use, as well as the size of the mold.
How to decorate the peppermint candy ornaments
After your peppermint candy ornaments have cooled and been removed from their molds, they’re ready to be decorated. You can use any type of decoration you like, but the decorations on this list are some of the most popular.
Sprinkles – Sprinkles are a versatile decoration that can be used on pretty much any type of peppermint candy ornaments. You can also match the color of your sprinkles to the color scheme of your holiday decorations.
Flakes – There are a number of colored candy flakes that are sure to look beautiful on your peppermint candy ornaments. You can choose a color that matches your peppermint candy ornaments, or you can use one that matches your holiday decorations.
Spray Paint – If you want to add a design to your peppermint candy ornaments, you can use spray paint. To get the best results, make sure to use paint designed specifically for crafting projects.
How to store the peppermint candy ornaments
If you’re going to hang your peppermint candy ornaments on your tree, you can store them in a decorative bag or box. You can even use an empty candy box that has red and white stripes to match the peppermint candies. If you don’t plan on hanging your peppermint candy ornaments on your tree, you can store them in a decorative bowl or decorative tin. It’s also a good idea to keep the peppermint candy ornaments in a cool, dry place to prevent them from getting stale.
You can also give your peppermint candy ornaments as gifts. If you plan to do this, make sure to wrap them up in a decorative bag or box. You can create gift tags using paper, stickers, or any other decorative materials you have on hand.
Ideas for gifting the peppermint candy ornaments
If you’re looking for gift ideas, peppermint candy ornaments are a great choice. They make great gifts for family members, friends, co-workers, and teachers. You can also give these peppermint candy ornaments to hostesses and guests at parties, especially during the winter holiday season.
If you’re gifting peppermint candy ornaments to family members or friends, one fun idea is to pair them with a holiday decoration or a themed gift. For example, you can pair the peppermint candy ornaments with a festive wreath or a Christmas tree. If you’re gifting the peppermint candy ornaments to a teacher, you can tie them to a gift card or gift card holder to make the gift even more special.
Fun variations of the peppermint candy ornaments
There are lots of different types of candy that you can use to make peppermint candy ornaments. This list features peppermint candies, but you can make lots of different variations of this project. Some of the most common types of candy that you can use to make candy ornaments are:
Crushed Candy Canes – You can use crushed candy canes to create colorful and festive peppermint candy ornaments. This variation is especially good if you’re short on time, as it requires less work.
Peppermints – You can also use regular peppermints to make peppermint candy ornaments. However, you’ll need to make sure to wrap them in foil before you pour the candy in the mold. Otherwise, the peppermints will melt and become unusable.
Troubleshooting tips for making the peppermint candy ornaments
- Make sure to use a mold or a cutter that is the right size. If the mold or cutter is too big, it will be difficult to remove the peppermint candy ornaments once they’re cool. If the mold is too small, the candy may overflow.
- Be careful when removing the peppermint candy ornaments. They may be very hot and difficult to handle.
- If you’re using a cutter, make sure to line the inside of the cutter with parchment paper beforehand. This will make it much easier to remove the peppermint candy ornaments once they’re cool.
- If the peppermint candy ornaments start to melt while you’re decorating them, remove them from the mold and allow them to cool before continuing.
- Don’t use peppermint candies that have been stored in the freezer, as they may not melt properly.
Where to buy supplies for making the peppermint candy ornaments
If you’re interested in purchasing extra supplies for this project, here are a few stores you can visit. These stores offer a variety of supplies, including decorations, candy, and other supplies you may need for this project. It’s a good idea to shop around to find the best prices and best deals.
- Amazon – Amazon is a great resource for finding supplies for any type of project. They offer a wide variety of products at affordable prices.
- Michaels – Michaels is a great store for finding crafting supplies, including decorations and candy.
- Hobby Lobby – If you’re looking for supplies that are specific to the holiday season, Hobby Lobby is a great place to shop.
- You can get the supplies you need at a craft store, like a dollar store.
If you want to make the ornaments with kids, you can get craft kits that come with all the materials you need, including instructions for making the ornaments. These kits also often come with candy-themed decorations, like pictures of Santa Claus, Rudolph, and snowmen.
Making peppermint candy ornaments with kids
Making peppermint candy ornaments with kids is a great way to get them into the holiday spirit. It is an easy project that would be perfect for school, an extracurricular activity, or a rainy day.
To make these ornaments with kids, you will need to get a few supplies beforehand. You can get them at a craft store or a grocery store. Make sure you get enough kits for everyone.
Once you have all the supplies, you can get started on the project. You can give each person in the group a cellophane bag, a bag of candy, and a bag of decorations. You can let everyone make their ornaments together or let them work on the project alone. These peppermint candy ornaments are the perfect project for groups of all ages.